Andrew specialises in shipping and marine insurance litigation. He has broad experience of all aspects of marine disputes, both wet and dry, acting principally for shipowners, charterers, insurers and traders. Andrew’s cases include major casualties, total loss of vessel and cargo, charterparty disputes, general average, marine insurance coverage and trading/commodity disputes. Andrew handles litigation before the Commercial and Admiralty Courts in London and Arbitration Tribunals including the LMAA, LCIA and ICC.
- Acting for Owners on five constructive total loss claims.
- Acting on numerous charterparty, MOA and bill of lading disputes.
- Advising liquidator on insolvency of prominent ship operator.
- Acting for operators of chemical tankers on various cargo contamination claims.
- Acting for Owners following detention of vessels due to drugs related incidents.