Electra is a shipping lawyer with over 22 years’ experience, 12 of which were spent in London, with an international law firm specializing in maritime law. Since 2008 she has been practicing in the shipping hub of Piraeus and is described by the Legal 500 as “brilliant”.
She specialises in the resolution of all types of shipping disputes (both in the English Courts and arbitration), including cargo claims, charterparty disputes, MOA disputes and insurance disputes and has extensive experience in “wet” matters, namely, collisions, groundings, salvage and events giving rise to General Average. In recent years she has developed in-depth knowledge of international sanctions regimes and the application of the GDPR to shipping companies.
Her practice has benefitted from a secondment to an International Group P&I Club and to one of the largest container liner operators.
Electra is dual qualified, in England & Wales and in Greece. She is fluent in French.
- Acting for the successful applicant in an application for an anti-suit injunction in the context of a collision which took place in Bangladesh (Seniority Shipping Corporation S.A. v. City Seed Crushing Industries Ltd,  EWHC 3541 (Comm))
- Acting for the successful applicant in an application to lift a freezing order obtained in support of an alleged misdelivery claim (Fimbank Plc v. Discover Investment Corp,  EWHC 254 (Comm))
- Acting for the successful applicant in a security measures application in Greece, resulting in a prompt and favourable settlement of the underlying dispute.
- Advising a number of shipping companies on the implications of the GDPR to their business.
- Advising shipowners in connection with the effect of US, UN and EU sanctions.