Elena is a newly qualified solicitor who advises clients on a variety of wet and dry shipping, trade and insurance disputes. Elena has wide-ranging experience of acting for the firm’s client base, to include cases representing ship and yacht owners, charterers, operators and insurers.
Prior to joining Shoreside, Elena worked at an International Group P&I Club for over five years where she handled the full range of P&I and FD&D cases. She has particular experience with cargo damage claims, towage contracts, collisions, and charterparty disputes.
Elena is qualified in England and Wales.
- Advising Italian clients in a complex freight forwarding dispute involving issues of fraud;
- Involved in multiple carriage of goods by road disputes, particularly under the CMR, acting for both carriers and forwarders;
- Advising both Owners and Charterers in various charterparty, laytime and demurrage disputes;
- Acting on superyacht cases in relation to claims arising from charter and vessel damage disputes;
- Assisting Owners in a substantial unsafe port matter;
- Acted for a Port Authority in respect of third party collision and damage to property claims.