Jack has a practice in marine, trade and energy matters with an emphasis on shipping. He regularly acts for ship / yacht owners, charterers, managers, P&I Clubs, underwriters, brokers, ports and shipyards. Prior to joining Shoreside Law, he served at sea as a deck officer in the merchant navy, spent five years at an International Group P&I Club and was also a partner at another international shipping law firm. Given his sea-going experience, Jack has particular expertise in the investigation and handling of high profile marine incidents worldwide and the contractual, third party and insurance disputes that flow from them. However, alongside his admiralty practice he also handles a large amount of traditional “dry” shipping disputes.
- English law solicitor and Director of Shoreside Law.
- Former mariner.
- Marine casualty specialist.
- In-depth knowledge of charterparty, MOA and bill of lading disputes.
- Member of the Nautical Institute, LMAA and Association of Average Adjusters.
- Technical Editor of the Nautical Institute’s “Guidelines for Collecting Maritime Evidence” series.