Maria read Law at Newcastle University and went on to complete an LLM in Maritime Law at the University of Southampton. As a paralegal at Shoreside, Maria is actively involved in all aspects of the firm’s litigation caseload, and has experience in assisting clients with a range of legal and procedural matters, in general commercial, marine, trade and energy disputes. Maria is fluent in Greek, with a good knowledge of French and has experience of working in-house with a large shipowner in Cyprus.
- Involved in multiple carriage of goods by road disputes, acting for both carriers and forwarders;
- Assisted in a substantial charterparty dispute concerning force majeure and frustration issues, in the context of Covid-19;
- Involved in a complex dispute for Owners in relation to vessel performance and demurrage;
- Involved in a large container damage and negligence dispute for one of the UK’s largest ports;
- Involved in a multifaceted Charterparty dispute against a State owned oil company, involving issues of international sanctions.