Mary is an experienced maritime solicitor with a focus on shipping litigation and international trade. This includes advising on contractual disputes including charterparties and bills of lading matters, insurance disputes, salvage matters as well as acting for traders in various different sectors. Mary’s clients include ship owners, charterers, insurers, port and terminal operators, the energy/offshore sector and the cargo, logistics and warehousing industries. She also works with shippers, traders and commodities end-users.
Mary has previously worked in-house with both a major market insurer and an oil major.
- Acting for the owner of a superyacht in relation to a coverage dispute with their insurers in relation to damage repairs.
- Acting for various ship operators in relation to salvage matters.
- Acting for contractual carriers in relation to ship fire incidents including dealing with the charterparty, bill of lading and salvage issues arising.
- Acting for port operator defending claims in connection with damage done by a crane.
- Acting for port operator in relation to storm damage to cargo on wharf.
- Acting for subrogated underwriters in relation to damage to steel coils during sea carriage.