We have arbitrated, litigated and mediated in various forums in relation to marine and non-marine coverage disputes, political risks, and subrogation claims across the full range of business classes. Furthermore, we have dealt with a number of commercial disputes relating to telecommunications, product liability, aviation, oil and gas, construction, energy and fraud. In the oil and gas field specifically, we have worked with rig operators, drilling contractors, FPSO owners/operators and off-shore specialist contractors in relation to contractual and non-contractual disputes.
- Acting for property and liability insurers on multiple coverage disputes arising out of political risk events, war risk and total losses;
- A variety of disputes involving multinational oil companies, commodity traders and producers in relation to soft commodities (including GAFTA and FOSFA arbitrations), sanctions, oil, gas, power, derivative and future contracts, the production of raw materials, contamination, sale, purchase, and supply contracts;
- Advising foreign courts and tribunals on English law, including on enforcement issues, interpretation of English law contracts, and jurisdictional matters;
- Advising a European food manufacturer on sale of goods and liability claims across multiple jurisdictions;
- Upstream expertise arising out of various disputes under PSCs, JOAs, JVs, Farmin/out agreements in ICC and LCIA arbitrations;
- Acting in relation to urgent interim injunctions, arrests and freezing applications in the English court.