The Shoreside team has worked extensively with some the world’s leading port operators and logistic companies, and we have wide-ranging experience of cases involving the majority of the UK’s ports and terminals (and their insurers and operating companies). Our experience ranges from disputes arising from major incidents including collisions, groundings, pollution, collapse of cranes, warehousing, business interruption and supply issues, to pure contractual, insurance and coverage related matters.
- Acting for a major port operator in relation to allision resulting in multiple crane collapses and business interruption claims;
- Acting for terminal operators in relation to pollution incidents;
- Instructed by a UK-based port in relation to a significant warehousing fraud dispute arising from the long-term storage and outturn of steel products over a multi-year period;
- Instructed by a global commodities company to protect its interests in relation to litigation arising from warehouse receipts and letters of credit involving several major banks and producers;
- Advising a port authority in relation to a substantial dispute related to long-term dredging and liability issues;
- Acting for shore tank owners in relation to a complex chemical contamination dispute;
- Multiple liability cases involving freight forwarders, warehouse and logistic operators arising out of loss and damage to goods.