The Shoreside team has extensive experience in providing advice to owners, charterers, ship managers, government entities, P&I Clubs, underwriters, brokers, shipyards, forwarders and logistics companies. In doing so, we have the full breadth of experience of disputes in court and arbitration arising from casualties, charterparties, bills of lading, COAs, sale and purchase agreements, insurance policies and shipbuilding contracts.
- Acting for shipowners in relation to a total loss and CTL claims against market underwriters;
- Acting for owners and charterers in relation to the cancellation and frustration of charterparties on account of Covid-19;
- Advising shipowners in relation to warranty claims against yards in respect of new builds;
- Acting in numerous major container and vessel fires, casualties, collisions, limitation and general average actions, salvage, pollution incidents, groundings and unsafe port claims;
- Numerous shipping and commodity disputes arising under charterparties, contracts of affreightment, bills of lading, CMR notes, letters of credit, bunker / supply contracts, and sale of goods agreements;
- Advising Hanjin Shipping on restructuring and cross border insolvency issues in the largest container shipping bankruptcy case to date.